Welcome To Willowbrook Primary Academy
As Principal, I would like to welcome you to our academy. I hope that you will feel Willowbrook is the academy you wish to choose for your child. We wish our children to have special and happy memories of their time at Willowbrook Primary Academy and value highly the positive relationships we have built between children, parents, staff, governors and our neighbouring communities.
Children get one chance with their education and at Willowbrook we want this to be the best. There is a driving determination to ensure that pupils and adults in the academy reach their full potential. Dance, drama, school visits and musical opportunities are a core element of our curriculum. We also offer a breakfast club every morning, have close links to the Thurnby Lodge Children’s Centre, and offer after school activities for youngsters living in the Thurnby Lodge area. Learning is celebrated and openly admired. We work and learn together with you, and go that extra mile to make families’ lives better and brighter.
We have a lot to be proud about at Willowbrook. We have well-resourced, spacious rooms and attractive surroundings. The extensive academy grounds have been developed to support learning, providing an attractive and safe environment for all children to enjoy. The school is a happy, stimulating and caring place and we expect high standards of behaviour and good manners throughout the academy.
I would be pleased to show you around Willowbrook Primary Academy, for you to feel the friendly atmosphere here, give you the opportunity to meet the staff and see the children as they work and play together.
Mrs Marie Collins (Principal)
Brighter Futures, Learning Together
Our Ethos And Values –
- To always be looking for new ideas to improve the academy.
- To work together with you, the local community and beyond to support the children.
- To create a curriculum that will let every child have an equal chance of achieving high academic success.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and supportive environment where children become self disciplined and self confident.
- To encourage our children to act responsibly, show initiative, be considerate and respect themselves and others.
- To help and encourage parents and carers to learn with their children.
- To ensure children are helped to appreciate and understand the world in which we live and become responsible citizens of the world